Wednesday, June 5, 2013


A new chapter begins in my life one that consists of me stepping outside my comfort zone. The picture you see above was taken at the headquarters of "New Life" an organisation in downtown Metaksourgio. This is a dodgie area of Athens and you would not want to walk alone there at night. New Life's work consists of reaching out to women who have either been misled or forced to work in brothels or on the street. Each story differs and each woman is sacred. I have found that there is no easy fix when approaching this issue and it takes commitment to see life's changed.

Remember when i told you of the school that Streetlights was working with, the one with the 13 to 17 year olds group that consisted of individuals from all different countries? One evening when I was with Nea Zoi on an outreach on the streets, I thought something looked familiar, I was walking on the same streets I would walk to go to that school. This thought haunted me, the same kids I would hang out during the day, could end up working some day on these same streets. Or how I could end up talking to a woman and she could end up being a sister or a mother of one of the kids I see in the school.

At that moment I felt the urge to dedicate my heart to that area. I've been talking to a lot of people who are either trying to begun something there or have been working in that area and I've began partnering with them. I feel as is its almost like relief work of an entire area. There are a lot of hate crimes happening each day, new brothels opening up, and young children being placed at risk.  And I just feel compeled to do something about it.

A BIG thank you to all who have supported me so far it is very encouraging to see how many people have faith in what it is I do. I could not have come this far withought your support.

1 comment:

  1. Its always nice to hear that you are making a difference !!!

    ReplyDelete